After 48 hours of catching taxi’s, changing flights and sleeping in airports and planes, I arrived at the right metro stop in Sofia. Seriously, I have no idea how I’ve done it.
I’d met a complete stranger at a church who chucked me into three different cars and talked almost the whole way. 5 hours later we arrived in a dark place deep into the woods.
Like nothing ever happened. I was back in Europe. At least, I thought I was.
Where am I anyway?
The day that I had impulsively booked my flight I got a magical answer from a workaway host.

A big advantage of arriving at night, is the amazement you get the morning after.
The cars had passed beautiful landscapes, not much different of the Nepali ones.
On top of that, it was raining like hell, so not much different from the Nepali monsoon either. It was hard to get my head around the fact that in one flash I had switched continents. My head was in denial phase. And there was no way back.

There was I, surrounded by Slavic language and discomfort again. The same familiar tongue around me brought up memories, back to where I’d started, sort of.

My days consisted of chilling in the hammock, reading books, and grazing around for fruit and vegetables in the garden.
I could pick whatever was ripe and eat it, having wild peaches for desert, because the tree was growing right in the middle of the field.


There was a lot of standing and staring involved. Not knowing what was happening. Occasionally someone would throw furniture outside the window. Or be extremely mad and then laugh like a hysteric person. Another time, we were in the car and a random pedestrian got in, handed over a black plastic bag and hitched until the market place.
After a while, everything evolved like always. Just eat away the egg white. Never give up. Tada. Golden people.


The sky was naked and so am I.
The dog was sleeping at my feet and I was trying to count the moments the stars were not falling.

Time to go.
However, we overslept and the car broke down several times, resulting in a nightly arrival in the capital. I had been on the train for hours thinking I was almost there.

A Blabla-car would pick me up early in the morning, so sleeping in the station was my best guess.
Just when I discovered the magic of free wifi in the metro, a message came in from a potential host. I took the metro back to the station and had a short but powerful bed in Sofia.

Back to the reality of moving around my body instead of having long walks in my head.
I was more than ready for my Balkan-trip and hitch-hike home.